Digital registration form
Legally compliant, secure, contactless check-in with the SCA procedure
The digital, legally compliant registration form from Hotelbird
As the market leader in hotel check-in processes, we would like to inform you about legally compliant check-in and digital registration forms, so that you can rely on digital hotel software with confidence. Together with the renowned law firm Beiten Burkhardt, we have developed a legally compliant solution for the digital registration form. This is integrated in all Hotelbird products (Web, App, Terminal, Api) as well as the Hotelbird Self-Service Terminal. Hoteliers can be sure that the digital registration form meets all legal requirements thanks to the strong customer authentication (SCA) when using credit cards (SCA procedure).
The chosen variant has the decisive advantage that many guests already use a credit card during their stay at the hotel. On the day of arrival, the credit card triggers a strong customer authentication process in which the earmarked allocation number of the means of payment used is collected. This number is stored together with the other data requested. Should the authorities demand an inspection, this enables complete traceability. A personal identity check by the hotel staff is no longer necessary.
Hotelbird is not limited to one Payment Service Provider (PSP) but offers its customers a more flexible and comprehensive solution with a wide range of other Payment Service Providers (PSP), such as market leader Concardis, Stripe, Sixx, Adyen, BS payone, wirecard and many more. The payment data is stored centrally on the guest profile and can be used across PSPs and hotels. The next time the guest stays in a different hotel, he does not have to enter the data again, it is sufficient to carry out the SCA procedure again.
The contactless check-in in detail:
- On the day of arrival, the guest receives an e-mail for check-in
- This can take place in the Hotelbird app, in the web browser or on site at the contactless terminal
- The guest enters his credit card information and then the SCA procedure is performed
- After authentication, the guest receives the keycard or mobile key for his room, depending on the Hotelbird solution.
With the SCA procedure a secure and complete solution was found, which is groundbreaking in the German market. Due to the large number of PMS providers that are already permanently connected, we are able to provide the legally compliant check-in process for a large number of hotels. Furthermore, a further legal requirement regarding the PSD2 EU directive is fulfilled, which protects the hotelier from charge-backs.
The contactless checkout in detail:
- On the day of departure, the guest receives an e-mail for check-out
- This can take place in the hotelbird app, in the web browser or on site at the contactless terminal
- The guest can optionally use the credit card already indicated at check-in for payment or add further cards for payment and settle the invoice (optionally split between private and business)
- The check-out is now complete and the guest can end and leave without contacting the reception
Advantages at a glance:
- Legally compliant solution in accordance with current legislation (BEG III)
- Digital contactless registration form
- Strong and secure SCA procedure with your own credit card
- A large number of permanently connected payment service providers such as Concardis, Stripe, Sixx, Adyen, BS payone, wirecard and many more.
- Numerous market-leading PMS systems such as Sihot, Protel, Oracle, Mews, Apaleo and many more
- Available in App, Web Browser or Terminal
- Invoice splitting in private and business possible
- For different hotel variants, flexible and quick to use.
We are here for you
If you have any questions regarding the digitalization and simplification of your hotel processes, we are always at your disposal. We would be happy to advise you on how to make your hotel business fit for the future.
GLOBAL KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER