Strengthened by the crisis!
10 Post-Corona Lockdown Recommendations for the Hospitality Industry.
A crisis is also always an opportunity. An opportunity for change, reorientation and transformation. The effects of the current corona crisis are undoubtedly massive and drastic for the entire hotel industry.
After the initial shock of the current developments, we have decided to continue as before with much more energy and drive – in the interest of our customers, who are still convinced of our product and in the interest of our employees, who have made Hotelbird what it is today: the market leader in digital check-in/out solutions for hotels.
As such we see it as our task to go through this crisis together with our hotel partners. Our 10 recommendations are designed to help hotel operators to identify the potential for optimization in their operations during the forced standstill, to make the most of the time and to set the course for the future now.
- Rethink: The future is digital.The years of the reception desk, where every guest has to present and check in personally, are over. Digital transformation is in full swing, because digital services make day-to-day business easier. They conserve resources and optimize your processes. What has long been standard at airlines will also find its way to the front desk.
- Reduce unnecessary costs. Too many staff shifts at the reception desk for recurring tasks cause expenses that can be saved by automated solutions. 24-hour check-in or night shifts can be cost-effectively replaced by smart solutions.
- Think about which complex processes can be digitized and automated in the future. There is often a lot of potential for savings – regardless of your current system landscape. Numerous interfaces to PMS, payment and locking system providers allow hoteliers to work decentrally and guarantee a 100% guest journey.
- Keep your distance is the order of the day. Hygiene, however, not only takes on an important role in times of Corona, but also plays a major role in hotels at all times. Here, too, contactless check-in/out can score enormously.
- Safeguard your profitability even with low utilization rates. The number of business trips will permanently decrease. Even after the current lockdown, it is likely that many companies will continue to use low-cost technical solutions such as video conferencing instead of approving comparatively expensive business travel. Hotels can compensate for this shortfall by relying on automated solutions.
- Focus your resources and save yourself from managing and collecting check-in data. These tedious, manual processes can easily run in the background and save you a tremendous amount of time in your operations.
- Get to know your guests better and try to meet their individual wishes and needs. In accordance with the current DSGVO regulation, guest data is collected and managed. So you are legally on the safe side and can pass this security to your guests. Additional options are possible to address your guests in a personalized way.
- Use the time of low utilization for improvements to the house or processes. Make yourself independent of a fragmented error-prone technical landscape that only costs additional effort and expense. In doing so, put outdated, complex or expensive systems in particular to the test.
- Invest in a redesigned reception. It is usually the first thing guests see in the hotel and should exude comfort and elegance with high functionality. With our new Self-Service Terminal, we instantly upgrade any reception desk and offer a customized digital solution for check-in. The affordable digital reception assistant is reliably operational 24/7 while fulfilling five valuable services: Check-in, digital registration slip, keycard issuance, payment and check-out.
- In a crisis, the value of preventive crisis management becomes apparent. In order to create security for the future, businesses should equip themselves for it now – for a digital experience and sustainable cost reduction.
The team of Hotelbird advises you free of charge and shows you ways how you can efficiently save costs and remain profitable at low occupancy rates. Get a first impression in our Hotelbird Self-Service Terminal product video.
Arrange a personal appointment
Discover how your hotel can grow with the help of Hotelbird.